Monday, February 20, 2017

Woman from Tokyo





I was working for the Nissan Motor Company and we spent three months at the Nissan plant in Kaminokawa near to Utsunomiya City learning about Japanese workplace practices and lean management.

We had to take two trains to get to Disneyland the first was really good as there were not a lot of people on board however the second train the boys who had been in Japan longer than us told us that once the train doors open get a seat straight away.

Of course being polite I didn’t follow their advice and ended up having to stand up all the way to Disneyland.

The train did get packed and a lovely young woman was stuck in front of me. It’s true that we ended up packed in like sardines.

The train’s rhythmic motion gave rise to certain things and the lady in front of me was well aware of what had or was happening. I looked around aimlessly trying to think of Margret Thatcher naked but it had limited effect.

The woman looked around a few times and smiled at me. The boys obviously had an idea what was happen and of course made things worse by suggesting things.

Thankfully the woman got off the train much to my relief but did look at me though the window smiled and waved.

Disneyland will never be the same again.

Author Steve Boddey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...