Monday, February 20, 2017

My Mum




I have been thinking about my mum who passed away way back in 1984 and how she would say things that when were bad or good that make me laugh even now.

She would say things like Flaming Hummer. I have no idea what this was suppose to mean other than it wasn’t good. We did ask relatives but no-one seems to know where it comes from.

If me and my brothers were fighting she would come in and say Don’t start and then come in later while we were still at it and say Keep going we would just stop and look at one another in bewilderment.

For those of you who remember back in the old days when we had respect for our elders and those in authority if you misbehaved there was a good chance of getting a hiding.
I will knock you into the middle of next week was one of my favourite phrases. Of course only if I was not on the receiving end.

Here are a few more:-

You’re just like horse muck, always in the road.
Put kettle on chook.
I don’t know if I am beside me self or what.
Whoa betide the boy who doesn’t do his home work. (I never found out who Whoa Betide was. He certainly was not in my class.)
If you haven’t finished then you will still be going.
I don’t know where you got it from but you never got it from me.
Because I said so that’s why.
Keep crying and I’ll give you something to cry about.
Just wait till I get you home that’ll be the end of you.
If I told you once I have told you a million times DO NOT exaggerate.
STOP acting like your father.
Wait till your father gets home.

I still miss my mum but by +god she still makes me laugh.


Author Steve Boddey

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...