Friday, March 4, 2016

Growing Old




As I get older I have fewer friends and family that I actually think about.

As brash as that statement seems it doesn’t mean I have no love for them, I do, we have just moved off in different directions and contact is no longer happening. I do have contact with some family members on an irregular basis and that is great when it happens.

I am grateful for all that I have and am looking forward to growing older. Lets face it growing old is something denied to many. My mum died at fifty one and my dad at fifty nine this year I will be fifty seven and oddly enough I don’t feel that old.

All the decisions in life I have made I am content about, that includes my mistakes and I have made quite a few of them. That is the way of things and that is fine by me.

I am happy with the man I have become. I am a contented soul who has a wonderful wife. We both have connection, safety, and contentment in our lives. We are constantly growing as time passes by.


Life is good, and although it could always be better (financially) we are happy and that is what matters most.

Steve Boddey 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...